It’s time to nominate Your Supervisor to the honorable prize of “Supervisor of the year”. The prize is a fine academic merit awarded by the rector at the promotion ceremony on the 12th of May. If you think that your supervisor deserves this award, please send us his/her name together with a motivation … The motivation can/should include, among other info:
- Role in supervision, i.e., supervisor, co-supervisor, etc…
- How many PhD students is the supervisor currently supervising? How many graduated PhDs has had him/her as supervisor? (In case of multiple undersigned nominations, state the role of the supervisor for each under signature).
- Describe in short the progress of your thesis. (Are you admitted to licentiate or doctoral degree?)
- Describe your introduction to Chalmers, the department and the research subject.
- Are you encouraged to take part in conferences or do research abroad and to what extent?
- Describe the supervisor’s research activities and other responsibilities.
- In what way does the supervisor support you teaching? To what extent does he/she teach?
- Describe the supervision style – what could be beneficial for other supervisors? What makes him/her different or special?
- Describe the social environment in the research group.
The nomination should be written in English. Please send your nomination to email@example.com no later than the 16th of December 2011.